FUNDRAISING IDEAS PLEASE?

FUNDRAISING IDEAS PLEASE?

Postby Kris_C » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:43 am

I am an officer of the Centennial High School Madrigals Choir (varsity competition choir) and we are raising money to go on a trip to San Francisco for a Heritage Festival. We need approximately $16,000 (about 400-500 per person) and we are in need of fundraising ideas. So far we have done car washes, a door to door bake sale, and restaurant fundraising where they give 10-15% of their profit to us. We also have ideas for Goodwill, rummage sale, sponsorship letters, scratchers, caroling for tips, and a few more that I cannot think of.
Does anyone have any other ideas that will result in HIGH PROFIT and that aren't too much work?
Thank you!!
Kris_C

Re: FUNDRAISING IDEAS PLEASE?

Postby daydreamingtoday » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 am

Does your school offer Food Fairs? If so, I suggest singing up for a popular food item because you can make a ton of money from that! See if any members if the Choir can give you any connections at all. Like does any of them have parents that own businesses? If so, you can ask for donations and in return, you can advertise them (if possible).

Sponsorships are also something that can help a lot! You want to do something like have printed ads or a large calender of maybe important choir dates you plan to post in your room or certain classrooms. Tell businesses aimed at teenagers that if they sponsor you, you can place their ad on this calendar to advertise them. Remember to mention how many kids go to your school so you can give them an idea of how many kids will see this ad everyday.

Perhaps you can also collaborate with another club on this large fundraiser or perhaps the rummage sale or future car washes you have planned. Having more people helping out is always handy.

Oh, and candy grams! Sign up for a popular holiday like Christmas or Valentines!
daydreamingtoday

Re: FUNDRAISING IDEAS PLEASE?

Postby Jessica » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 am

Ask for donations from large companies. May companies like walmart, best buy, costco give back to the community. I know my friend sold health stuff for a company called Yipiz and signed their parents up a few days ago and they have already made $600 the first day and 2,250 the second day. I would watch their video about fundrasing.
Jessica

Return to Sales