Good advise how to safe money?

Post a reply

Good advise how to safe money?

Postby Jessica_C » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 am

My husband and I are very big spenders. I have always been like this and my husbnad have been brain washed by me. I need help, we both make on avarage together anywhere from $8000-10000 and we do not safe anything. Total in bills we spend $2200 and realy not sure what else we do with the rest of the money since we do not safe. Can anyone provide me with some good ideas where to put the money to have them for saving for us. Anyone can think of any small invest that I can do to make some money out of that process or maybe some small business that I could open so I could put money in their and make sure I have. Please any great ideas. Thank you
Jessica_C

Re: Good advise how to safe money?

Postby George_A » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:09 am

Mattress, piggy bank, in the attic, behind the stove.
George_A

Postby Jim_Finn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:11 am

Alright, this is gold so don't mess it up. Find a Baskin Robbin's with two cashiers. Buy an ice cream cake and tell them to put the wrong name on it (some kind of spelling mistake). A few hours later take it back to the other cashier and ask for your money back. You can do this repetetly in different Baskin Robins over the country. I'm telling you right now you'll be making 6 figures once you master the art of the cake-cons. Oh yea and by the way, you kinda need a free-ice-cream-for-live card. You get those by preforming on a Baskin-Robbins Thanksgiving day parade float. Trust me, and good luck.
Jim_Finn

Postby Rick_B » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 am

You don't SAFE? You mean SAVE?

You make 8 to 10 K a month? A year? A week??

What do you spend 6 to 8 K on? If your bills are only 2,200, you are blowing a ton of money.

STOP! Grow up! Learn some discipline! It is that simple.

Start putting 20% of your money into a 401(k) through your employer. This money will come out of your check before you get it, and you won't be able to touch it (until your retire). Put another 10% to 20% in savings. Adjust your direct deposit so that it automatically goes into savings before you even get your check. Then decide EXACTLY how much money you wil spend out of the remainder and EXACTLY what you will spend it on. Then, stick to it.

There is no secret to this. You just have to get your priorities in order and practice some discipline.
Rick_B

Postby Janice_10 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:27 am

Have the money directly taken out of your pay checks and deposited into a savings account and when you have a good amount invest. Hartford is a good investment company. Go to Crown.org they are a non-profit money organization that helps people stay out of debt and gives advice on investing for your personal situation. Check them out they are online too. Best Wishes and Happy Investing into your future.
Janice_10

Postby JENNYB » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 am

My husband and I are in our 60's and let me tell you I was a spender and regret it. Now we don't have enough money for retirement and the things we'd like to do so we have to work.
My advice now to you is.....don't buy STUFF. You don't need stuff. Put your money in good safe investments like mutual funds and your money will gain interest and grow over time. The younger you do this the more you'll save.
If you start a new business it might not be a success and you would loose your money.
Also, I wouldn't advise putting any money in real estate.....investments in the stock market historically do better even with the ups and downs of the stock market. Put your money in and leave it there to grow over time. Unless you've made a really bad choice. If you need cash for an emergency you can sell investments quickly but sometimes real estate could take years to sell.
So now I have stuff......sitting around our big house and we have to downsize since we can't maintain this home in our older years...and all the stuff will go to the Salvation Army or Good will. I do have some paintings that I paid a lot for.....but the artists isn't so popular anymore and I don't think I'd get much for them.
So biggest advice is curb your spending, you don't need all the Stuff since you'll just throw it out in the end anyway. Save your money wisely and also consider reading some excellent books on saving. Go to any library and you'll find books to read with tons of advice on how to save money.
Also check www.amazon.ca or www.amazon.com for 5 star rated books on the subject. There are reviews you can read to see if the books would be of help/interest to you.
Eamples of books that might help:
Smart Couples Finish Rich by David Bach
The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
Gide to Investing by Robert T. Kiyosaki
or The Smart Cookies' Guide to Making More Dough: How Five Young Women Got Smart, Formed a Money Group, and Took Control of Their Finances
Some of these are older but the information and tips are still worthwhile. You might find some more current books on the subject though.
Good luck!!! And SAVE YOUR MONEY so you can be vacationing and enjoying your retirement years vs. working your buns off still.
JENNYB

Post a reply

Return to Small Business