I'm gonna rent out a place to throw a birthday party from 11/5 to 11/6. I planned to pick a Hard Rock Hotel Suite but it's pretty expensive. So I'm looking for some vacation rentals on craigslist and some businesses contact me. Craig's list is full of fraud and scams though but I'm in kinda the last minute. The ones contacted me are:
1/ Island Beach Properties, LLC
and her email
"The condo is available for your dates. I usually require a 3 night minimum stay but I can rent it to you for the 2 nights. The rate is $230 for the stay plus the 10.5% city tax, $85 cleaning fee (not taxed) and refundable deposit is $250.
If you would like to make the booking, here is additional information and where you can mail the deposit and payment:
* Payment Options: Personal/Business Check, Cashiers Check or Money Order.
* Refundable deposit of $250 and payment of $339.15 ($230 rate, $24.15 city tax and $85 cleaning fee) due by 10/30/10.
* Please send deposit and payment to: Island Beach Properties, LLC, c/o Christine Baird, 3940 Hortensia Street, San Diego, CA 92110.
* Security deposit is refundable 5-10 business days after departure if key is returned and premises left in "as you walked in" condition.
* Rentals are from Saturday to Saturday during PEAK Season. (June thru mid-September.)
* Rest of the year requires a three night minimum.
* Check-in after 3:00pm. Check-out by 10:00am.
* A 10.5% city room tax will be applied to the rental rates.
* Information such as obtaining keys and whom to call for assistance will be sent after receipt of final payment.
* Rates include maid service on departure.
* **Until confirmed, rates are subject to change.**"
BUB Industries Inc.
P O Box 439016 PMB# W106
San Ysidro, CA 92143
Direct: 760 212-6956
Fax: 760 994-1303
How can I check if they are real agent not the bogus fraud?
Please help! Thanks!
P/S: I live in San Diego, CA and is looking for a place for rent on those dates, if you know any a house/lounge/bar for rent, please let me know! Thanks a lot!