HELP needed!!! What should I do?

General chat and discussion on the finance topics

HELP needed!!! What should I do?

Postby Paulina » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I have been working for the same company for 10 years. I always got a satisfactory mid-year and end of year appraisal. However, this year my new boss has been picking on me for no reason and expects me to NEVER make any mistakes. She says my work is unacceptable. She knows that I recently finished a masters in finance and that I would like to apply for an internal promotion within the company but she refuses to give me a good review and says my work is unacceptable. I know she is nit picking as my other colleages said it to me that my work is neither the best nor the worst in the department. I am always in work on time, hardly ever sick, polite to colleages, do my job as best I can. I occassionally make mistakes but my work is by no means dire!

As I don't have a good mid-year review I cannot apply for any promotions. I told her that I was applying for jobs outside as I would like to use my qualification. She told me that she was not going to give me a good reference when they call asking about my work.

Do you think she is being fair to me?

Surely if she wants rid of me why doesn't she just say my work is good when people call for a reference?

I am feeling depressed and suicidal. I don't know what to do! Can anyone help me!!!
Paulina

Return to General Finance