How to start an online business?

General chat and discussion on the finance topics
Post a reply

How to start an online business?

Postby Andrew » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:59 am

I am looking for ways to make extra money. I've tried writing online, not my thing. Does anyone have any good experiences with online business's? Whats a good safe one to start up with? I'm looking at Amway global, is that any good?
Andrew

Re: How to start an online business?

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:11 am

Amway global is MLM. It's a form of a pyramid scheme. It's not worth the time. If selling products is your thing, then go with affiliate programs, there's thousands online. Amway is an affiliate program, but it also has the pyramid structure to it so that makes it a worthless pyramid scheme. Their products suck. Who really wants to buy some unknown brand of products? Why try to sell products for them, when you could be selling products for big names like Ebay, Nike, Amazon etc? Most companies have similar affiliate programs.

@The Amway Employee
When I say "pyramid scheme" I am not referring to illegal pyramid schemes. I am referring to multi-level marketing, the legal version of pyramid schemes (see the wikipedia article for multi-level marketing and see how many times it compares pyramid schemes to MLM). Amway makes it's money from thousands and thousands of people who make very small sales, and who recruit others. The 89% of people who distribute for Amway make less than $70 a month according to their public earnings reports. They hold presentations and have a few successful people talk about their success, which makes people think it's worth the time and effort. They fail to point out how many people fail at it and how difficult it is. They rely on multi-level marketing, aka pyramids, to suck in new distributors each month. So if they bring in 10,000 people this month, those 10,000 people will probably make less than $70 in a month (and it will probably take them many hours and days just to achieve that, and eventually they will run out of family and close friends to sell to). Amway on the other hand will make $700,000 or more from those people. Those people will give up, and move on to something else, but that 1 month or two they worked for Amway, they recruited others. This is how multi-level marketing works. This is how the pyramid is built, and why all the little guys at the bottom and middle of the pyramid aren't making anything and will move on and quit after a month or two. I've dealt with many Amway type companies in my time and my entire income comes from the internet and self employment. Out of all the ways to be independent and successful, that's one of the worst ways.

Bottom line: If they were such a great company, they wouldn't need to pay people to monitor forums like these and talk good about them. Even if you said "I distribute for them and they are great, I've been very successful", it would still be obvious.
CJ

Postby panthor001 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am

avon has online thing,some food places will sell there stuff online can even sell like snack foods, like a gift basket or sell wine baskets offer a bottle of wine plus some like cheese or bread even flower baskets lots of little ideas
panthor001

Postby Sean_L » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 am

sell fast moving products online.
low cost and you can start almost immediately.

To me to make $$ online, you will need a real products that you can resell them online with Ebay/Amazon.
of course there are many other ways out there, but this is what i know and have been doing it for years.

Where are you based?
I buy at low price and resell them on Ebay/Amazon.
If you are serious and based in USA, then you may pm me.
Sean_L

Postby Angel » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:56 am

Amway global is an amazing company.
they have products that you use, they have products that other people use so its fast money. but its more then just the money you get to help other people with there needs also.
the money is good though.
you work your business and your profits will be awesome

in no way shape or form is amway global a pyramid scheme...
we dont get paid when we sign someone up.
we dont charge a bundle load to get signed up.
amway is totally LEGIT and been around 50 yrs+

if you have any questions for me please contact me and i will be happy to answer them

[email protected]
Angel

Postby Wayne » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:58 am

I would recommend learning the skill of making money online first. As in all professions, you need to learn the fundamentals if you are serious about long term success.
Wayne

Postby Heimir » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 am

There are plenty of legitimate ways to make money online.
Believe me, thousands of people are doing it all over the world.

The single best way to make money online is to
create a list of active email subscribers.

I'm not talking about sending crap-load of spam and junk to them.
You will send them quality content about a subject they are interested in.

Those people are all on your list because they signed up to be there.
No one forced them and no emails were sold, so just a bunch of people
that are willing to get your emails.

Building and managing a big list can make you a hefty income if done correctly.

As I said, it's all about sending out emails to you subscribers offering them quality content
and decent general information.

Lets say you are interested in dog and dog training. You can start building a list of
people interested in dog training and send them videos and stuff they're interested in.

Now every once in a while you pitch, that is you send out a promotional email
letting them now about a great product that teaches how to train their dog.
You will then get commissions from those sales (often up to 75%)

There are plenty of products like those that can be found online.

If you would like to know more about list building feel free to
shoot me an email heimir86 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Heimir

Postby Khalil_Rehman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 am

I'm making $250 daily for completing offers, doing surveys, shopping online, and more. Join me for free on http://www.mycashcrate.info
Khalil_Rehman

Postby Bunty » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:08 am

One way of earning online money is to create a Toolbar with Radio and Games http://www.createtoolbar.org/
Bunty

Postby Super_Man » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:13 am

You could go to Blogger and make a blog that advertises a product, that is what I do, here are some examples of simple blogs that I have that makes me money.

http://zygor-guide.blogspot.com/
http://traffic--siphon.blogspot.com/
Super_Man

Next

Post a reply

Return to General Finance