Can I get short-term health insurance?

Can I get short-term health insurance?

Postby D_R__Brushmower » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 am

i live with my parents at the moment, don't want to, but have to because i don't have medical benefits until 1 year from now and need to be covered by their insurance. is there something affordable out there that can fill in the gap between parental coverage and my health benefits kicking in so i could possibly move out earlier?
D_R__Brushmower

Re: Can I get short-term health insurance?

Postby msc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 am

Yes, you can get short-term or long-term insurance. But whether or not it's affordable depends on the coverage level. I pay about $60/month, but I have a very high deductible, so it only covers major illnesses and hospitalizations, not regular doctor/dentist visits.

You might talk to your local State Farm office. They can go over a variety of options.
msc

Postby Pamela_Anderson » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:14 am

yup! you can buy short insurance but select one good site which provides
check this it will help you
http://topinsurance.org/
Pamela_Anderson

Postby Insurance_Pickle_c » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:46 am

You don't need to live with them. If you're on their plan then as of today you can stay on 'til you're 26 IF they choose to keep you on there.
Insurance_Pickle_c

Postby Kathi_S » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:03 am

It depends on how old you are. If you are age 26 or under you can be covered under your parents plan. If not you can get an individual policy, but they are very expensive.
Kathi_S

Postby mbrcatz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:42 am

"Affordable" is a relative term. Short term coverage, is usually for big sudden problems, not little maintenance stuff. The cost depends on your health, your weight, and your age.

You will have to talk to a local agent or broker, who can tell you what's available in your state, and help you weigh coverages and costs.
mbrcatz

Postby LAURA_WOOD » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:48 am

Short Term Medical Plans
This plan is ideal for individuals in transition. Maybe you have just graduated from college and are no longer covered under your student health insurance or you moved out on your own, and you're no longer covered under your parents' medical insurance plan. Or perhaps you're employed part-time, going to school, leaving home for the first time, or even retiring early. Maybe you've found a new job, but your new employer's group health insurance plan won't kick in until you've been with months.

YOu are not the only one who met this problem,I have met this type of problem before.I have good experience here    www.HealthInsuranceIdeas.info    to solve my similiar problem.
LAURA_WOOD

Return to Insurance