I need a career change and am tired of working in corporate america?

I need a career change and am tired of working in corporate america?

Postby Lolly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 am

I'm unemployed and need a career change and hate sitting behind a desk all day and getting low pay and mistreated with no future. I have thought of starting my own business. I'm very organized and good at decorating as well as housekeeping. I have thought of trying to start a housekeeping business with organizing. I called to see if I could get insurance and could not get any liability being new to the business. I need idea about a career change that I can move around and work for myself doing my own business any advise would help.
I live in an area where housekeepers are needed for the elderly as wels as business people I don't live far from very wealthy areas
I live in an area where housekeepers are needed for the elderly as wels as business people I don't live far from very wealthy areas
Lolly

Re: I need a career change and am tired of working in corporate america?

Postby _____Hey__You_aske » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 am

This is a massively down economy.

Starting your own business is Not a good idea these days.. people do not have money to pay a maid to home clean and organize their home.. people who once did pay for a cleaning service are now doing their own cleaning and organizing. If you wanting to do Anything for business for yourself you should think of things that even in a down economy people cannot avoid..

You have to eat still.. have to still be able to drive (a gas station or market) maybe some type of crafting and sell at craft fairs? what about scrap booking? People always like scrap booking it's a Huge market.
_____Hey__You_aske

Return to Insurance