How to Book a Flight Using Kayak.com
The travel search engine Kayak.com provides information on thousands of flights, allowing you to compare the rates offered on most airlines’ corporate sites. You can book flights through links to these airline sites. Follow these steps.
- Visit Kayak’s home page at www.kayak.com. The site is easy to use with many different features to look through.
- Click the “Flights” button at the left of the top main menu.
- Select Round-trip, one-way or multi-city. Enter “From” and “To” a city or airport, leave and return dates, number of travelers and cabin seating type. Click “Search.”
- Wait as Kayak searches thousands of flights for you, and then review your choices, automatically sorted by price. If too many flights are available to show at once, you may be asked to refine your search by limiting it to a certain airline, number of stops or takeoff time.
- Click on the flight you’re interested in to learn more. You’ll be taken to the appropriate carrier’s site.
- Check the “I accept the fare rules…” box, and click “Continue.”
- Enter traveler information and use the seat selector tool if desired.
- Add payment information to complete the transaction. Kayak.com accepts many credit cards as well as several other payment options such as money orders.