The Best Places to Visit in the U.S. for Young Kids
Family vacations often cease to be fun when children become bored. Keeping kids entertained and content while traveling can be difficult. However, the United States has many family-oriented destinations that parents and children can enjoy together. The numerous attractions, restaurants, rides, and other forms of entertainment in a single location keeps children busy and happy while offering parents a rare opportunity to relax.
- Disney World is considered one of the best destinations for young children. It has amusement park rides for all ages — from the Tea Cups to the Tower of Terror. Numerous exhibits and activities appeal to diverse interests. The famous destination also has a a variety of theme parks and water parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. No child can really ever be bored at Disney World because it caters to entertaining families and more specifically, the children.
- Hershey Park in Pennsylvania, also known as “the Sweetest Place on Earth,” is a well known amusement park that is also fun for young kids. The park hosts a number of family shows, a zoo with over 200 animals, Dutch Wonderland which specifically caters to children under 12 with roller-coasters, water play, mini-golf to name a few. There is also a great garden for the children to explore what nature has to offer. It is beautiful indeed!
The National Aquarium
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore draws many visitors yearly including young children. The aquarium reveals some of the Earth’s greatest creatures in the form of Australian animals, a variety of amphibians, birds, fish, invertebrates, mammals, and reptiles. Children will be completely fascinated with what the National Aquarium has to offer because of the beauty and diversity of the animals.
Noah’s Ark, America’s Largest Waterpark
- The Waterpark Capital of the World in Wisconsin Dells, is host to Noah’s Ark, which is America’s largest waterpark. The park consists of such rides as the Black Anaconda, Time Warp, and Scorpion’s Tail. By reading the names, it’s easy to imagine how intense yet amazingly fun these rides are. The children will love them; most will require some supervision from the parents. The park is becoming a popular destination for the entire family.
Sea World Orlando
- Sea World in Orlando is an exceptional destination to see what the marine life has to offer. The children will be captivated by the magnificence of its exhibits and the many shows presented including one starring the famous trained whale Shamu. Children also have the opportunity to interact with the animals and participate in adventure camps according to age. Sea World is a favorite destination for the whole family to enjoy because it brings the ocean to life.